Sunday, November 10, 2013

November Greetings!

 Above photo of cherry trees in our neighborhood

Wow! How did we get to November already? Tom and I have been traveling quite a bit - lots of road trips up to New England plus a buying trip in Scandinavia. We're delighted to be home just in time for DC's fabulous fall foliage, which I believe is a bit late this year. Anyhow, lots of new blog posts ahead (I promise), but for now, a bit of color to brighten up your tone-on-tone world :) Enjoy more photos on my Instagram account: loithai
Happy November!
Loi
 Outside our front garden is this glorious willow oak aglow in golds and russet tones. Notice how verdant, full and neatly clipped the hornbeam trees (to the right) are. The leaves will eventually drop, but sheared hornbeams tend to hold their foliage well into January. To see them bare, visit here. BTW, I'm letting the tops of the holly hedge (behind the gates) come together to form an arch. The hedge is sited on a hill so there will be plenty of overhead room coming up the steps under the future arch.
 Exotic orange tulips to brighten up a grey day at the shop.
 I thought the bittersweet wreath added a simple but festive touch to this grey barn in Maine.
 After several trips to Maine, we traveled to Denmark and Sweden. No photos of Sweden because it rained nearly every minute during our visit. We did enjoy a traditional Danish lunch overlooking this lively canal in Copenhagen.
 Here comes the sun! Love this shot of a blonde bicyclist riding through the old town of Dragor with the Danish banners flying.
Located just outside of Copenhagen, Dragor is a historic fishing town famous for its yellow stucco homes with red roofs and cobblestone streets.
Look what I found!!! A large vintage (early 1900s) Goyard trunk with my initials. It was originally made for storing hats.....still in fantastic condition. Sadly and with much disappointment, the Goyard didn't make it home with me. Thank you to all my Instagram friends for encouraging me to buy this beauty - you guys are the best! 
(Are there any other LTs who want to chip in and do a timeshare deal?) 
Let's not say goodbye on a sad note. On my way to work, I gathered a bunch of fallen maple leaves to cheer up the shop for the weekend.
 Some maple leaves to complement the maple frames on the antique bird prints.
 And some to fill this large footed punch bowl from the mid 1800s. Voila - instant autumnal decor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment